Childcare Insurance is a specific type of business insurance that was designed to meet the unique needs of childcare businesses.
It provides business owners with much-needed daycare liability insurance coverage as well as business property coverage.
Typical Components of Coverage
- General liability: This insurance is necessary for any business that welcomes the public onto its property.
- Premises liability: This provides coverage for the area surrounding your daycare facility including the parking lot and play areas.
- Professional liability: This insurance covers your teachers and childcare workers.
- Commercial vehicle liability: This is required if your daycare business has company owned vehicles that are used to transport children to and from schools.
- Corporal punishment liability: If one of your employees strikes a child or is accused of administering corporal punishment, your business can be held liable.
- Abuse and molestation liability: If an employee of your daycare turns out to be sexually or otherwise abusive, your business can be liable for extremely expensive fines and medical payments.